I think that it is time for a post dedicated to all my favorite, but unknown people in Paris. You know, those people you see all the time? Or even those you see once, but just can't forget for their awesomeness? And finally, the acts of people that make your life just so much more enjoyable? Well, be prepared for some seriousness and some sly sarcasm, cuz here it comes...
1. The woman that, in the middle of the fast lane of the swimming pool, with people doing freestyle all around her, decided that she would backstroke. No, scratch that. She would float on her back, occasionally waving her arms a bit, forcing everybody else to swim around her/underneath her/behind her, getting a good luck at ... trust me, everything you do not want to see of a middle-aged woman in a pink bikini. R-e-s-p-e-c-t for being so oblivious.
2. The guy who comes to different markets with a little crate in which he has a piglet and a baby goat. I finally saw him after seeing pictures of him from different friends. What does he do with them? Sell them for people to slaughter? Is it a pet-a-piglet-for-a-euro thing? Who knows?
3. The guy in the metro playing flamenco music every single morning just brightens up your day. When you are late, hot, being scuffed around by other people and did not have your morning coffee, seeing him play and seeing how much he loves it is an instant pick-me-up. Last week he even got a friend to sing along. Awesome.
4. The people who manage to run and jump into the metro a millisecond before the doors close. They are insane, but amazing.
5. The people who manage to run and jump into the metro, just to wait another minute before the doors close because they didn't realize the train wasn't actually leaving yet. I am one of you.
6. The dolled-up old ladies in their fake furs, ruby lipstick and tottering high heels that walk back and forth on Boulevard St. Germain, wishing for the old days when they were young and beautiful and courted by rich men. They warm my heart.
7. The distinguished white-haired waiters in the Cafe de Flore that just seem to impersonate class, grace and pride in their establishment.
It's fun to realize how you remember certain people without actually knowing them!