Friday, May 14, 2010

Good bye Canada, see you soon!

My bags are packed, I sat on my suitcase to close it, and we’ll leave Trois-Rivieres in a little more than an hour and a half to get to the Montreal Airport.

Now that the volcano cloud seems to have hear my prayers (I’ve gotten terribly superstitious because you really can’t do anything but wait and see…), I think I can say truthfully that I’m on my way.

Though I just had to include this video for the wonderfully goofy nerdiness of it, and of course the music, the lyrics don’t really express my feelings that well, because I’m really not going “from misery to happiness”. I was really happy in Montreal, and will be when I come back after (at most) 15 months. But I wanted to experience something new, extraordinary, improve my skills through new experiences and live to the fullest. So maybe this Phil Collins song is more representative of my feelings right now (yes it is from a Disney movie. They’re cool, ok? =)":

Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead yes
I'm on my way
And there's nowhere else
that I'd rather be
Tell everybody I'm on my way
And I'm loving every step I take
With the sun beating down yes
I'm on my way
And I can't keep this smile off my face…

No comments:

Post a Comment