1. I can lift my backpack.
2. I didn’t go over the weight limit in either of my pieces of luggage.
3. I managed to pack Baking with Julia. Don’t be fooled, it is absolutely necessary for me spending a year in Paris close to all those fabulous but oh, so expensive bakeries.
4. The sun is shining here and will most probably also be shining when I arrive in Verona.
5. I have a host family in St. Petersburg!
6. Sciences Po didn’t send me a letter rejecting me… (though of course also no acceptance letter yet. It’s not as if we’re waiting for it or anything.)
7. Life is good. And I like the number 7. Which is why I’ll stop now with happy travel updates.