Saturday, May 8, 2010

Paris, tu nous ouvre ton coeur!

Watching Anastasia today (because it was a rainy day and I didn’t have anything else to do on a rainy day except unpacking and repacking boxes) made me realize the funny similarities between my itinerary and hers. Coming from St. Petersburg, making my way through Western Europe, only to arrive in Paris hopefully like her:

Yeah. I mean, except for the fact that I’m not a Russian princess. Trying to find her long-lost family and on the way falling in love with her former servant. And I hopefully won’t have to jump off a burning train to avoid crossing a destroyed bridge and hitchhike my way to Paris. But, you know, the similarities are astonishing, right?

Also, just because I haven’t had anything to worry in about 37 minutes, that lovely volcano in Iceland had the lovely idea of spewing some more ashes over Europe, making my travel plans dangerously flexible… As in, oh, no, I don’t need to arrive in Europe before the 26th anyway! Thank god I purchased good travel insurance. You never know when your next plane will be delayed…

No comments:

Post a Comment